Thursday 18 September 2014

Throw Back Thursday:: Concrete Jungle That Dreams Are Made Of

 'In New York. Concrete jungle where dreams are made of. There's nothing you can't do. Now you're in New York. These streets will make you feel brand new. Big lights will inspire you. Hear it from New York!'
~ Alicia Keys : New York

Oh New York...


I was so happy that day, to be in the place I'd seen on television for so many years haha. I make a very happy tourist! As you can tell by my picture of the Applebees sign, we do not have them here so I was like omg it's the place from the commercial haha.  I didn't get to do anything honestly, it was a quick look see before I went to the airport because I had no one to take me round; when I visited all family were too busy with work to entertain.

Well, in any event, We did see the aquarium, something I didn't much care for (hello Caribbean girl) the zoo, which was interesting but quite a lot of walking, Coney Island; by far my favourite part but I didn't bring my camera that day...or the ferice wheel was all i remembered to take a photo of I don't remember. It was there i got on my first scary carnival ride, ah good times!

Plus last but certainly not least little time square. These are some of the stops that stick out from my last vacation so many years ago. Ah I would have been so happy to see those theatre productions but the vacationer with currency that is a third of the U.S dollar could not afford it at the time nor did family have any more time than enough to let me have a glimpse. So it had to be enough to see the posters and oh my goodness it really still did take my breathe away a little!

I still remember ascending the steps of the subway, opening out into Manhattan and looking at the person who took us their with unabashed saucers for eyes thinking, This is it? You get to live with access to a place like this?! She was not moved but I remember thinking, why does the sky seem so much higher from here? How does the sky tall higher here? Just out of reach, at home I feel like I can reach out and touch it, like we are close friends whose relationship does not change with the passing of time. Here it feels so far away I will grow dizzy from looking up at it. What a thrilling feeling!

Next time I go, I've such a to-do list, lady liberty chiefly not to mention some money hopefully as I should finally be finished uni by then and hopefully...a cousin to take me round! New York I'm coming, just you watch, it's going to be epic.

Peace.Love.Vacations.
Brave Love Blog

5 comments

  1. Love your post! How funny we both chose to write about NY! And both have similar feelings about the energy in NY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One year we may have to take that place by storm girl! It'd be a good time ;D Bucket list that bad boy!

      Delete
  2. I love reading all the posts about NYC today! I'm biased but I obviously love it. And I still marvel every time I get off the subway in Manhattan! Hope you make it back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be amazing to watch people appreciate home from a visitors eye! :D Really, whoever is in charge of marketing that city is doing a fine job! What a place Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love visiting zoos and aquariums. I could spend hours at a zoo.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store