- The reason behind the creation of the conference.
Some of the advantages to attending as suggested by the founder include:
- People with albinism experiencing life a little bit differently, the conference is a community that recognises and plans events with this in mind.
- There are other people who are going through the same thing and that community can help validate the experience of living with a rare condition.
- Attendees can gain information about the condition.
- Attendees can learn tips and tricks to help navigate the fully sighted world.
- Attendees can gain information about the services and needs of your child with albinism.
- Attendees can gain assurance that your child will grow up to be a fully functional member of society.
- Attendees can learn how to deal with the years of the unknown for your child and for yourself.
I will be bold enough to suggest that the answer, more likely than not, is yes.