Friday 5 September 2014

Floral Friday :: Flower Quote


(Giant hibiscus)

I honestly can not think of a flower quote beside my favourite flower one, which is what you see branded on this photo. It's actually an excerpt from a S.Korean poem i once heard while watching a Korea drama.

It really makes me think and gives me a sense of fortitude at times of insecurity. It reminds me that the simple things that seem effortless in their success go through countless acts of stress and pressure, only we never hear about it, we only see the resulting beauty of hard work.

I know better than many that just because a person is not complaining does not mean that they are not hurting, not struggling, not hanging on with an unsure grip. Some fights are silent, that doesn't make them less aggressive.

Are there any poems that you find solace in the times when you are unsure?  I'd really love to read them.


You can check out the entire short poem here.
Peace. Love. Fight.

This post is a part of the Floral Fridays link up

11 comments

  1. Beautiful, beautiful post.
    LOVE that poem - thank you.

    One poem I came across the other day which shook my world:

    'Sometimes I do' from Rumi

    In your light I learn how to love.
    In your beauty, how to make poems.

    You dance inside my chest,
    where none sees you

    but sometimes I do
    and that light becomes this art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU for sharing one right back! Those are some beautiful words, short poems that pack a punch are always a good time. I'll have to ry and write some myself soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is amazing. I love it so much! Such a great quote and such a great interpretation and expression of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it lovely!? i was honestly wondering how accurate the translation is due to my inteest in languages but now that you said it's a good translation i feel enthused! :)

      Delete
  4. This flower is so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your interpretation of this quote, very thought provoking and meaningful. Wishing you a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful interpretation of the quote - love the pretty hibiscus flower.
    Happy weekend
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lizelle! I love the quote you chose and your beautiful flower, but most of all I love reading your moving interpretation. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much everyone! I'm glad for the opportunity to share this with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a perfect hibiscus flower - I grew them in my old garden.
    A nice quote to accompany it too.

    Hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store