Thursday 2 October 2014

Musing :: Mind : How Do You Like the View?


Still on a high from blogtember I'm flirting with the idea of taking part in this link up. Will i have the energy? I don't know but I feel like writing so that's just what I'm going to do.


As I look over my life at present and become filled with frustration after frustration. In the midst of my discomfort I am (surprisingly) ever reminded by my conscience that I am uncomfortable in a place I have yearned to be for longer than I care to say. I must acknowledge in my heart that I am uncomfortable because I am growing and growing pains hurt...

I can't imagine what it must be like to live your life forever in a state of stagnancy, with the only thing moving being your imagination. I don't want to imagine running towards goals that stay in your head like your thoughts are exercising on a treadmill track; running, running but never feeling the discomfort of new ground and the different textures all mixed and muddled up in actual acceleration....never losing hope but never expanding vision. Never feeling that icy cold taste of wind rushing into and filling up your lungs as you give chase, a feeling so unique you can't exactly explain it...

That just may be 30% dream 70% nightmare.

So right now as I begrudgingly access my various situations  I am still grateful. Who new the two feelings could coexist? 

My goal continues to be to once I feel that cold, tight and unbalancing sensation creeping up my stomach walls and choking me though my oesophagus, my goal is to choose excitement over fear.

Now of course I can't win them all but I can sure as hell try.

What do you do when fear of the future, (that is tomorrow or ten years from now) grips you?

Peace. Love. Put Up Your Dukes.

1 comment

  1. Hah! I just posted my link in the link-up and clicked through the couple before mine and there you are!!!!! LOL!!! Beautiful post....when fear of the future grips me...? You mean like it does every day? Or, worse, every night around 3am? I tell myself nothing's too big for me to handle, that nothing is going to beat me. That we will come out of it. That this is not everything that my life is going to be. I tell myself that I have to believe in myself or all will be lost.....

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store