Tuesday 4 August 2015

Summer to do list update :: The Book Shelf Purge of 2015



Oh yeah that's right, I already tidied my book self baby! Well, one of them, which was after all my goal. I've got three so I do hope to tackle the next two soon but maybe I'll give the bookshelves a break and focus on clothes yeah? Meanwhile, have a look see at some of the highlights of my book shelf tidy.


One of my favourite novels is Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. This is my display copy. Hardcover, beautiful watercolour cover illustration and gold ribbon along the back spine. Oh swoon!! My only regret is not buying it's brother book in this style but when I went back the most glorious bookstore we've ever had on the island had closed down.  I mourned the loss of it for a long long time...


This is a picture of some of my filled sketchbooks. I need to remember to only buy hardcover, as you can tell the soft covered ones have not held up so well over the years...


Perhaps the first time I was published, I co-authored this book when I was around 14-15 We had a wonderful time making it. I have my own work in there along with illustrations.


My vintage movie collection. Wanna come over for wine and a motion picture?


Three of my favourites from the list!


Five hours later and I'm all done!


I'm kind of impressed. I didn't have any trouble breathing or anything! You can't see them well it is likely but now I can plainly see my favourite books displayed like:Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix and the last of the series. Eat. Pray. Love. which I haven't finished because it's just so good....

Honestly I just realised that I need to add my most favourite book The Alchemist and Who Moved My Cheese to this list stat! Ah but I've running of space...

Tell me, how DO people have just one booksehelf??

My last shelf is a mixture of English and Literature resource textbooks and so because you know I live the passion boo. That teacher life kind of demands it anyway. I aint mad.


What are some of your all time favourite books?

Peace. Love. Read On.

No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store