Wednesday 30 December 2015

A Recap of My Word of 2015


Digital sketch by my friend Shellon

As we come to the end of 2015 I think of my word for that year WILL. I resigned in myself the resolve to sustain an iron will in the things that I would do. Did I succeed? Well, at the very least not completely. Though, I suspect that may be coloured by my constant desire to do better than I ever do or have done.

I also resolved to do. Get it done. Make it happen. Sure enough the goals I set for the year, all the personal ones too, I bolted into and came out the other side a changed woman.

Take for instance reading my bible more, I completed numerous reading plans this year, most notably SRT Women in the Word study which, honestly changed me. I came to know the women of the bible through it in a very real, non fairytale like way.

My resolves to get to praying more and to keep a monthly prayer journal were all successfully done and did a lot to help me to grow in my Christianity and as a person.

Growing stronger in my Christianity has always been on my bucket list and I'm sure it will continue to be. I can absolutely say that I have made huge strides in this direction this year and I feel fantastic about it.

My 12 book a year reading challenge I far exceeded after attempting it almost every year and always coming up short. I went from two books a year, to eleven books a year and then finally in 2015 over seventeen books in a year!

I know I grew a lot due to that process too. With every book I devoured I learned more about myself, the world I live in, the world I don't live in and the people who live in them both.

Likewise, my project 52 challenge was completed for the first time at long last!! Through it I learned to be more selective in what I take a picture of, how I take a picture of it and what are the things that matter to me really deep down after a month has pasted when I feel like nothing has happened or like I have accomplished nothing. Project 52 helped me to narrow things down in my head and to see that in the grand scheme of things, little can add up to a lot even in pictures.

I guess it would be a flat out lie for me to say picking a word of the year did not work wouldn't it? Given the evidence at hand and all. I already know what my word of 2016 is for where I have failed carrying out full the noun portion of this years word, for oh how I stumbled in keeping motivated, I step boldly into it's fulfilment in 2016.

I'll tell you all about that in another blog post. For catch up on previous posts on my word of 2015 click here for my choosing process and options and for more on my motivations behind the word click here.


What's your word of 2016? Share with me in the comments below, oh I'm dying to know!

Peace. Love. Plan.

No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store