Tuesday 24 February 2015

2 Books on My 2015 Literature Watch List

The literary greats have been kicking butt and taking names y'all and its kind of a big deal! Well for those of us who like that kind of thing. haha All images and synopsis found via Amazon books.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Go-Set-Watchman-Harper-Lee/dp/1785150286/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424620112&sr=1-1&keywords=go+set+a+watchman+harper+lee

Blurb: Go Set a Watchman is set during the mid-1950s and features many of the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird some twenty years later. Scout (Jean Louise Finch) has returned to Maycomb from New York to visit her father Atticus. She is forced to grapple with issues both personal and political as she tries to understand both her father’s attitude toward society, and her own feelings about the place where she was born and spent her childhood.'

http://www.amazon.co.uk/God-Help-Child-Toni-Morrison/dp/0701186054/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424619331&sr=1-1&keywords=god+help+the+child

Blurb: ‘What you do to children matters. And they might never forget’ Sweetness wants to love her child, Bride, but she struggles to love her as a mother should. Bride, now glamorous, grown up, ebony-black and panther-like, wants to love her man, Booker, but she finds herself betrayed by a moment in her past, a moment borne of a desperate burn for the love of her mother. Booker cannot fathom Bride’s depths, with his own love-lorn past bending him out of shape. Can they find a way through the damage wrought on their blameless childhood souls, to light and happiness, free from pain?

Toni Morrison’s fierce and provocative new novel exposes the damage adults wreak on children, and how this echoes through the generations.

---

Not only have I read their previous work like Beloved and To Kill A Mocking Bird but i have also had the pleasure of studying them formally. I CANNOT WAIT to get my hands on these new works of fiction from such skilled word-smiths.  I think I'll go search their noble prize in literature speeches to placate my taste buds in the mean time!


What new works of literature are you looking forward to or excited about this year?



Peace. Love. Literary Greatness. 


2 comments

  1. Interested to read the Toni Morrison one, but I think I'll pass on the Harper Lee one...I've been reading that she hasn't given her permission for it to be published, in fact was always quite adamant it shouldn't be published, and I'd feel really weird reading something an author didn't want to be seen. [I am, however, really curious as to what a 'To Kill' sequel would read like!]....hoping you're well....(I'm feeling maybe slightly better, not up to 'blog posting' better yet, but getting there) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you love and healing and gentle true hugs ♥

    As for the Harper Lee book you know, I have started to hear little sounds of something like that too, though i haven not investigated yet but i'm not going to pretend i will be able to resist.

    Oh the discussion spurred by that book in my GSEC class. It takes me right back in a special way....

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store