Thursday 28 July 2016

Throw Back Thursday : That time I went to orientation at my university

 I'm about to take you into a time capsule of my life, the first day I stepped into my university as a real student. Imagine the scene, this was me cataloguing my time, fears and excitement.This me at the beginning of the first semester. I know because I wrote it on my very previous blog (thus the old watermark) I enjoyed reading this. Reflection, is still good.

=================================================================

Orientation Ahoy, Success on the horizon
August 29th 2011


So I'm finally starting the degree I've longed for all my life. ^_^
It's crazy how you could want something for so long and then end up on the brink of getting it...It's like swimming in a wide open ocean for so long... rather...how Columbus must have felt, having been doubted for so long, that even he must have started to believe his dream was futile.

Everyday, waking up to more open sea, just floating and floating and floating until one day he feels a clench in his chest as one of this sailors screamed out 'Land!'

I imagine even he dared not believe it, even as he watched his dream now visible on the horizon, approaching him now, getting closer to him even as he got closer to it...anxiously awaiting that moment where they would meet in the middle and touch.

Not till he'd put his feet on dry land and his dream was tangibly real.

I went to orientations and this MOE worker, also a past pupil of my Uni and heck even a holder of the same degree I'm pursuing (I knew immediately cause we're cool like that you see :p) Her speech was so motivating I had to take down a couple points ^-^ She told us to:

Photobucket

Reflect, who are you doing this for? Is this a job pursuit you could see yourself doing for the rest of your life?

Check!
Photobucket

Right now it feels like this is it for me, I've wanted this for so long the idea of getting it makes me mush on the inside. I keep trying real hard to not dwell on all the door that will be open to me afterwards since hey, I haven't even started yet!

It WILL be tough!

Still, sometimes I can't help but smile at the possibility of finishing, the things I'll do, the places I'll see and the people I'll meet after I accomplish what has been my biggest life goal for so long. I tell myself, when I'm done, this is it, no more study, I'll finally have what I want and I can just live life.

Though I guess all those 'doors that will be open' thoughts just proves it doesn't it? This probably isn't 'it'' No matter how I feel right now, it's within human nature to want more, yet....I can't help but wonder...what WILL I want after this? I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a faint idea...or three ;)

Photobucket

Well, anyone who knows me knows that it pretty much already is now isn't it? lol! Well here's hoping it becomes even more deeply rooted in my heart :)

Photobucket

Ground yourself, it won't be easy. Find something that keeps you grounded and feeling secure. For some of us that will be God (hopefully I am one amongst that some) for others it might be their commitment to bettering their family for their new born son. Whatever it is, hold tight to it, cause things are about to get crazy.

Photobucket

This I am looking forward to and I suspect it will be thus. Heck working and studying tends to brings out a discipline and determination in yourself that shocks even you! You've got to succeed by FORCE. No ifs ands or buts about it and when you come out the other side of that tunnel, tired, warn but smiling with diploma in hand. A winner.

I look forward to it!
Quotes from Mrs. A. Philip

============================================================


Here I am now, in senior year! What do you think of my old school writing style! haha


Peace. Love. Begrudge not small beginnings.

No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store