Saturday 10 May 2014

Musing Mind :: The Rule of the Technological Dictator

 'With the invention of the coach man has forgotten the use of his legs"


I've really come to resent the ease cellphones have provided us. It seems to have replaced little treasures, you know like manners and quality time together. Oh and the adventure of conversation with a stranger.

Now no one is a stranger, you can google, linkinIn or facebook them.

I'm not saying these services aren't wonderful. I'm simply saying cellphones at the table is something i really hate. I remember when waiting for another friend to join the group meant talking to the person sitting across from you, discovering similarities and forging new bonds. Now it means checking your tweets and facebook messages from the same people you're going to have the same conversation with in the same way later when you get home.

 I feel like we are loosing the art of discovery...the art of discovering each other...seeing, really seeing the person next to us and not decoding their sarcasm over text.

For some reason, this thought made me really appreciate the 'nuggets of wisdom' shared between my friends and I. Even if it sometimes came to me electronically. Right now, in this moment, i'm grateful it happened those friendships. I'm grateful we took the time we needed then to get to know each other face to face, to recognise the voices, the tones and the hidden meanings behind the words that make it possible for us to have the electronic conversations that are funny now.




because friendship.


This is how you talk when you're artsy fartsy ( or a couple of writers)


..


My classmate upon finding out that i have albinism/ am albino lol She's a sweedie.



My friend on explaining what kind of significant other she wants beside her in life.


Lipstick colours discussion, you know, for science.


Asked my guy friend how i should refer to him in an official capacity.



Taking about finals.


Now, i retreat back to the final examinations...
Btw, welcome to my lovely new followers!  ♥

Do you ever feel like we're allowing technology to dictate communication rather than facilitate it?

Peace. Love. Do Not Forget Their Voice.

No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store