Thursday 22 November 2018

That Time I Went to The Stardust Diner




The Stardust Diner serves delicious food while all the waitresses and waiters sing show tunes and popular Broadway songs. I was so here for it. It was a beautiful day in the city when we set out for brunch but ended up going to so many fun places not on the schedule!

This day started so differently, we had high hopes of dressing up 'all fancy like' and going to a right proper brunch. When we go to the spot it was loud, crowded and I suddenly remembered I was old slash past my having to yell over the music for you to hear me over a meal phase of my life.

I had heard of the Stardust Diner admittedly from Glee. I honestly couldn't believe it was a real place when i saw it on the show and when that was confirmed i harboured a little heart dream to visit it someday.

Thank God for friends who are down for anything!  We didn't end up dressing all fancy like but we did admire the ladies who walked by us and did. We did instead decide to randomly jump on a train into the city and check out the Star dust Diner. It was FANTASTIC! the food was great, the service exceptional and the prices were affordable for my tourist budget!

Then, admitting that I'd never been to a proper tea house, tea lover that I am, we entertained the idea but I think we just ended up at a quaint sweet shop instead. I don't remember now what kind of cupcake i had. I was so pleased to be in a tiny space, decorated with vintage nineties lunch boxes on the walls and encouraging patrons to play a round of board games. I appreciate a place that promotes human connection in these technocrat-saturated times

I loved and appreciated this day with great friends, slowly walking through New York City. It was so quiet, so full of good conversation, of new friends and old ones talking about real things. I know many of the photos of our faces are blurry but I don't care, we were happy.


Peace. Love. Happy Change of Plans!

1 comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store