Thursday 25 August 2016

Musing :: Style : What's Wrong With Being Confident?

  // White shorts and orange blouse: Old Navy // Floral shoes : Payless
 
 Confession: I don't usually wear shorts in my country. I'm not a person who lavishes public attention. All the more because I'm always getting whether I like it or not. I often try to explain to people that it's one thing to be looked at when you want to be but when you look like I do, when you are outside of the norm, you don't get a choice. Eyes are on you whether you want them to be or not. Whether you are having a good day or a bad one. Everybody has days when they do not want to be seen and usually, you can get away with it. I never have a day when I can get away with such a thing.

Being a person who has people scream things at her no matter the mood or the time or the circomstance I don't often find myself in situations that would encourage it if I can help it. I'm a nice gal but I don't always want to discuss with you or defend or explain or justify why I look the way I do.

That being said, one of the reasons I love New York is that because I have lived a life of always being seen, when I go to such a big city I can disappear and I actually love that! I love the ability to be about my own business without interference. While in New York there was a heat wave and there was no way I was leaving the house in jeans. I pretty much lived in dresses and shorts. I was not over sexualised because of that fact or aggressively approach by person after person demanding that I explain my choices to them.

I was just girl beating the heat in whether appropriate clothing.


Peace. Love. Mind Your Own Business.


No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store