Friday 13 November 2020

HELLO PHILLY! : Signs of Love and Rocky Balboa


So...turns out you can go to Philadelphia from NYC for $12 buck!
And if you book your trip on World Travel Day, you can go via  the comfort and eas of Amtrack for $30
Ladies and gentlemen, I ask you, who could pass that up?
Not Meeee!



In my ever chase for art around the world I also thought it would be wonderful to see the Statue of Rocky Balboa the city has proudly standing near their museum. I wanted to venture into the art museum too but alas there was a 25 dollar cover charge that day and I am a broke international student far from home. Never the less, the statue is a gorgeous and detailed piece!


 "It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about hard you can get hit and keep moving forward."

Did I ever need to be reminded of that just then...this semester of grad school is kicking my ass and it hurts y'all...

The last stop was The Victor's Bar, used in the film as Rocky's restaurant. I was not prepared for how this place blew my mind. The food was not only good but is was served by waiters and waitresses all classically trained as OPERA SINGERS! That night I heard Opera in Filipino, German,  Swiss and French just to name a few.

They also invited us to come in an hour early and see their music lounge which is one of the most beautiful rooms upstairs the restaurant. It's got it's own bar, a private bar tender, candle lighting, photographs of the staff  with the crew of Rocky and gorgeous Victorian style interior design.



I was smitten! Yes, this post was per-scheduled. I thought I'd share it with you as it happened exactly a month before the world went into lock down.

Also, boy oh boy has this editor changed...forgive me while I figure this out?


Peace. Love. Stay well friends!

No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store