Sunday 23 February 2020

A January Adventure :: Brunching and Adulting


I had the joy of going to Brunch with my favorite Grenadian illustrator this January. I was ever nervous what with not knowing this country as I'd like but it was easy enough to find the location. Something so simple turned out to be so lovely. Just a few Grenadians meeting up a' foreign. We shared some hot beverages and a little treat and talked about how much our country has changed for the better and for the worse in our life time.

It warmed my heart so deeply.

Being far from home only cements for me the civic responsibility thrust into the hands of so many of us. This is a unique thing when you are a creative. You see maybe the way your impact will not be immediately recognized like the lawyer, the doctor or the politician. Maybe people will look at you and say, ah, but there is so much life without you. As though art has never healed. As though art has never defended or accused. As though art has never lead.

It was a soul fueling conversation with these ladies at the lovely little shop we brunched at and I'm grateful for their time and encouraging words. I truly understand now the phrase women support women in a way that it's never been so clear to me. I understand it more and more as I grow and achieve and am blessed with the mentor-ship of successful women who have struggled and won before me.


Here's to more women supporting women in 2020!

Peace. Love. Support.

1 comment

  1. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts wholesale bling flip flops

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store