Saturday 19 November 2016

Christmas Gift Guide for the Reader BOOK EDITION


I read some amazing books this year. Books that changed me. Books that made me happy to be alive and opened my mind to different ways of thinking. Books that helped me to remember that I am not thinking the thoughts that I am thinking for the first time since the world existed. Which believe it or not is a rather valuable lesson.

Here are some of these books in order of love and longing:

  1. RED RISING TRILOGY BY PIERCE BROWN
  2. SIX OF CROWS DUALOGY BY LEIGH BARDUGO
  3. THE LUNAR CHRONICLES SERIES BY MARISSA MEYER
  4. THE ILLUMINAE FILES SERIES BY AMIE KAUFMAN AND JAY KRISTOFF
  5. THE REST OF US JUST LIVE HERE BY PATRICK NESS
  6. EVERYTHING EVERYTHING BY NICOLA YOO

It is my firm belief that any reader would find it an over whelming joy to have these books join the ranks of their library.  Including yours truly. Hardcover is bae btw. What with authors and publishers taking such care to ensure that their hardcovers have a beautiful naked design along side their beautiful dust jackets, how could one resist them!?

In 2016 Pierce Brown told me to 'break the chains' and 'Live for more' and I'll never forget it.  Lee Burdugo dared me to consider that 'In this life you get what you take' and reminded me that it's okay if you are not a flower because sometimes instead you may very well be 'all the blossoms in the forest blooming at once'  Marissa Meyer reminded me that deep down, sometimes it's 'Just right' and that there are different markers in life that highlight to 'beginning of everything.' Patrick Ness helped me heal a deep dark part of my soul and Nicola Yoon told me to spread my hands wide and jump because 'The greatest risk is not taking one' at all.

Peace. Love. Good Reads
by the way you cant totally follow me on goodreads.com by clicking here

No comments

Post a Comment

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store