Wednesday 17 July 2013

Musing :: Mind : The Value of Serenity.

' The key to happiness is having something to do, something to love and something to dream about ' ~Dance Academy
~


'It used to be so easy to believe in magic...these days I'm just struggling to believe in myself.' ~ Dance Academy quote

~

I find it interesting how easily we forget to be simple.

Exams aren't actually over yet but i made it to the beach yesterday. Just or a small moment i sat on the sand and watched the ocean kiss the shore line in their eternal declaration of love and unity. The rain was coming in, at the side of me and from behind me but from where i sat the ocean and horizon straight ahead were clear and still beaitiful. 

The only sounds i heard was that familiar irreplaceable sound of ocean waves on shore line, the silence that comes with the promise of a sudden down pour and the odd stability of friendships that have never changed...

It took me back to a very simple reality, reminding me that the chaos always changes but the sound of the calm is always familiar, you always no it when you here it, it's an unmistakable thing serenity. I hear it first beating in my chest and then highjacking my brain...leading my eyes to see it manifested around me through friendship and environment...things that last, that have been nurtured that...are gems we own we could never put a price to. Only value.

The value of a smile....the value of conversation...the value of memories...the value of help...the value of a pending future with variables that will never ever change....

I'm so grateful for the sound of serenity.

~


What makes you remember serene simplicity?

Peace. Love. Serenity 

1 comment

  1. I really identify with this. I'm pretty grateful for serenity myself. I love alone time whenever I can get it. Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with friends and family, but I need time to reflect and just be at least once a week. And I love the first quote. Jess L

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store